Saturday, January 3, 2015

We need to talk, but first let's make pies!

No one has posted here in a long while, so I thought that I would, and hopefully other people will start to again as well.

My father passed away about 3.5 years ago.  Every now and again, I'll see him in a dream.  He almost never says anything and often seems to just be in the background observing.  This is my most recent dream that included him.  He was wearing the jean jacket and the hat that my mom gave me after his death.
*****
I was in the kitchen doing something (not sure what exactly) when I heard someone knocking on my door from the garage.  I opened the door and found my mom standing there wearing one of my lacy, see through summer shirts and no jacket in the middle of winter.  Her red corvette (that she had Y-E-A-R-S ago) was parked in my garage.  I was wondering where my car was and how she got her car into my garage without the garage door opener.  She pushed her way in and said that we needed to talk, but first she needed to make pies.  

I don't really remember her actually making the pies, mostly I just remember them being almost finished and about ready to bake.  She made about 5 of them.  While she was working, I asked her what was so important that she needed to discuss.  She said she wouldn't get into it until after the pies were done baking.  I looked out the kitchen window and saw my dad sitting on a lawn chair out in the back yard in the snow.  I didn't see his face, just his back, but I knew it was him.  I asked my mom why my dad didn't come into the house.  I don't remember her answer, but that's the last thing I remember before waking up.   

No comments: