Monday, November 19, 2012

Car towing and bloody trees

This was very brief dream I had in the early morning, after I hit the snooze button and fell asleep for about 15 minutes...

 I was staying with a friend and had my car parked in the lot at her apartment. I hadn't left the house in a couple days. When I did leave, I couldn't find my car. There were about 10 cars in the parking lot and the space where I parked mine wss empty. My friend said "your car may have been towed." She said it so nonchalant, I was pissed. I said "what do you mean? You said it was ok to park here." She said "well it's the commuter lot for people who take the train, and if you park here during the week without a permit they will tow it." Now, I'm really angry. I started to yell at her, as I'm thinking about how much money is in my bank account. I said "well how much is THIS going to cost me?" She said "nothing. I will call these 2 guys, they will bring out a lift and they can get it out for us. They will authorize your credit card for $180 but it won't go through and charge."

We walked to the rental office to ask about my car. She no sooner gave the address, when the two women in the office said "oh yes we towed that car." I saw the address handwritten on a piece of paper and they had some paperwork in their hand. Both of the women were wearing glasses, were about 40ish years old with dark hair but I don’t remember seeing their faces. More paperwork was strewn all over both desks. I asked why. One of them turned to my friend and said "she is not allowed to go swimming in our pool either. That car hasn't moved in 2 days and we found egg sacks on the tree branch on your balcony." They showed me a photo of what looked like tree branches, with large white tunnels on it about the size of a sausage. I felt sick looking at it. I envisioned hundreds of spiders coming out of it. She snapped me out of my daze when she said "you two aren't taking care of your apartment and you won't be able to use the same privileges as everyone else." I argued "but I don't even live here! The car hasn't moved in 2 days because I haven't been working."

My friend asked if they were going to charge for the tow. They said "I don't know. You have to concern yourself with getting the infected branches off of your balcony."Then, I was wandering around a hallway at a college dorm. I had just moved in there. I was looking for a guy who I had only recently started talking to, I wanted to ask him for help. When I found him, he seemed excited to see me. He had a short beard, a baseball hat and brown eyes. I didn't get a good look at his face. I asked if he could do me a favor. He said "of course! Anything" he had a wide smile. I started to explain about the branches and said they needed to be cut down. I no sooner finished my sentence, when he said "ok sure no problem." I asked "do you know what you're really getting yourself into here?" He smiled and said "don't worry about it." He asked for the address, and my friend was there with me again. She said it was at Seaton Hall and I saw a picture of it in my mind. I envisioned a three-story building, with white balconies. The vision was in black and white. I said "oh yea" as I remembered where it was, and we started to explain how to get there.

 We were at the apartment, and he was on the balcony holding the tree branches when he asked "do you know what this means? He took one of the branches, bent it in half and blood started to come out. There was an opening on it, that was darker brown than the rest, with blood inside of it. He pointed at it and said "this kind of infection can hurt you and your family." He had a look of great concern on his face. Then, I woke up.

No comments: