Wednesday, January 28, 2009

purple shoes

I had another clothing dream last night. I was going to go somewhere with my parents, sister, and grandmother. Oddly, I think it was some sort of party or club--not the sort of event or place that my parents would be interested in (although the sense was that it was very innocent and kosher). I ended up picking out a white dress that was strangely reminiscent of one I had when I was 13, some purple shoes (chosen over some red ones that I actually have), and I was verifying that the grey cardigan I recently knit would look okay over the dress if it got cold. The weird thing was that, again, I was very happy with my choices and had already packed an overnight bag with things that I was sure were going to meet any unforeseen needs. I think it's weird that my subconscious is repeating these common dream themes, but with a different mood than normal. Nothing has happened in my life that I can think of that would make my subconscious less stressed or more confident than usual. I also wonder why I've been younger, skinnier, and prettier in these last few dreams.

Oh, and there were contact lenses in the dream too--the only angsty part. I took out my contacts (4 of them! - ?) and accidentally put all of them in the same side of the case. They clung together and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get them back apart.

2 comments:

CëRïSë said...

Oooh, you could tag this "purple"! Then there would be two dreams with that tag.

strovska said...

i sure will. you're falling behind, you know--you need to post a new dream! i don't want to be at the head of the line.