Saturday, January 17, 2009

Flying Busses Through the Alps

We were traveling through Germany in a coach-style bus. The bus was headed up the alps, at quite an incline, and we were whipping around dangerous, drop away, corners, green leaf filled branches smacking the top and sides of the bus as we made our way to the top. It was getting more and more dangerous, and then our bus driver announced that we'd start our hover. And magically the bus started hovering above the ground. We were going just as fast, but all fear was gone.

Then we stopped at a little store. I kept saying to myself, "I've been here before." "I've been here before." Then I saw a little alcove and it was filled with Penn State paraphernalia. "Right!" I exclaimed, "Last time I was in Germany, we came to this store, and I totally remember all the Penn State stuff!" I turned to share my excitement, and the fiancee was sitting in a tiny Green Bay Packers chair, green and for a child, but puffy and comfortable looking, with a helmet on. He wanted to buy it all.

Then an ex-ish of mine showed up and twittered that he liked us, Mixi and Trixi, (which I knew were me and the fiancee, respectively) and each of our names had a link attached. I clicked the Mixi to see what it was, and it was my blog, but for some reason, all I had blogged about was mostly eaten bowls of soup. So it was just picture after picture of bowls with a little bit of broth and stuff in the bottom.

*I think the Germany thing popped up because my mom sent me a newspaper article about the death of my middle school German teacher.

1 comment:

CëRïSë said...

Ha! This made me laugh out loud.