Monday, May 19, 2008

musical soiree

One of the things I dreamed last night was that I was somehow dating Rufus Wainwright. "Dating" isn't really the right word. It was more like he paid attention to me a couple of times and then we were in an extremely unhealthy, dysfunctional relationship where I was a subordinate/assistant and spent the whole dream waiting for him to come back from somewhere. I was also really young in the dream, which I guess was why I didn't catch on to the unhealthiness of it; I just felt superior that I had somehow managed to make him interested in girls.

Then later I dreamed that I was on a tour with some assorted friends and family members. The big draw of the tour was to get up close and personal with crocodiles, which we did at one point when our boat landed at an abandoned man-made island (a sort of building on the water) which turned out to be overrun with crocodiles.

Shortly after getting back on the boat, people started talking about a game that was apparently all the rage, with a gimmicky name that I can't remember. It dawned on me that it was a cross between dueling and Russian roulette, and I expressed dismay at this being considered a good game. Someone informed that Shakira was a huge fan of it, as if that made it okay.

3 comments:

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

Well, if Shakira likes it.... At least her hips don't lie.

You managed to get Rufus Wainwright interested in girls, eh?

Man, you have the best dreams. I just have to shake my head and laugh.

CëRïSë said...

Yep, that totally made my day. "Overrun with crocodiles" is hilarious.