Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Surprise Visit

I dreamed that I was at work, but was told that my coworker C was absent and that I'd have to do her job for the day. I was taken to sit at her desk and I was really irritated that I'd have to pretend I could do her job. I looked up at the clock and noticed it was only 2:30 pm, and I was a little huffy that I'd have to spend two more hours pretending that I knew what I was doing.

Then I went downstairs to the exhibit area. Apparently there was some kind of reception going on, with people standing around holding drinks and snack foods. Suddenly, Barack Obama showed up, and I seemed to be the only one who was surprised. He was wearing a very nice suit and a really great hat, a 1940s fedora, which actually looked a little too small for him. He was making the rounds, shaking hands, but I was too shy to push forward.

3 comments:

strovska said...

didn't you have an earlier dream about a spiffily-dressed barack obama?

testici!

m said...

oh my goodness. i read this in my bloglines and i totally thought for a minute that i was reading your ACTUAL blog and not the dream blog. my heart just about stopped! and then i got to the fedora. and then i knew.

great dream, though!

Leah said...

@strovska: Yes, I think I did. Maybe it's because he's just such a spiffy dresser.

@mandy: Ha! That made me laugh out loud. The fedora was your tip-off. Ha!