Monday, May 18, 2009

yakuza boss

I don't remember the rest of the dream, but the other night in the middle of a presumably longer story I dreamed that I was dating an old yakuza boss (Japanese gangster, for those whose significant others don't watch a lot of Japanese movies). I was confused about why I was dating him, and a little grossed-out because I didn't really want to be dating someone that old, not to mention not really wanting to get involved with the criminal underbelly of Japan. At the same time, I felt like since I had somehow ended up with him I had an obligation to try to use my influence with him. I don't know what I needed to influence him to do or not do, I just remember a very vivid picture of opening the door to the room he was in, seeing an old man in the fetal position on the floor, and wishing mightily that I hadn't somehow gotten myself into this.

3 comments:

m said...

loved that last sentence. pppppppppppppppppp

m said...

i don't know where those p's came from. they mean nothing.

Leah said...

I loved that you're having dreams about the yakuza. And I also loved the p's in your first comment, IHopeSo.