Monday, May 11, 2009

Finnish products

Part of one of last night's dreams was really great. I don't remember the rest very well, although I think it involved taking a long and somewhat stressful multi-vehicle road trip with various members of my family. The good part was a stop to visit a home-product store. It was apparently a Finnish chain, and this was one of their few stores in the U.S. (oddly, I think this was in some place like South Dakota). Their things were beautiful, really simple but original and well-made. I wanted to buy everything there, but ended up with some white dishes and a rather large quantity of tiny handmade pottery bowls. There were so many of those tiny bowls that I wondered if Finnish cuisine featured a lot of dipping sauce. There was other handmade pottery in a variety of colors and finishes, lots of basic white dishes, and some really beautiful wood things.

Anyway, it was a really nice dream. I fairly often have dreams featuring "stuff", but it's usually clothes, and they're usually in a context of having to put together an outfit before a deadline. It was so nice to just stand around fingering the merchandise that when I woke up briefly in the middle of the night I tried very hard to stay in dream mode so I could do some more browsing.

No comments: