Wednesday, March 11, 2009

volcanoes

it was me, my mom, my grandmother, and my youngest brother. they had come to california to visit me (like they did when i first moved out here). i took them sightseeing on the coast (like we did in real life). this time we went to some historic mansion and took a tour. we were learning about the history of the place (none of which i can remember from the dream) and then were led up to a rooftop restaurant. once on the rooftop we notice that the main view was that of a most awesome (in the true sense of the word) volcano. it was at sunset and the colors in my dream were so incredibly brilliant. the volcano would erupt every few minutes, making a very loud rumbling noise that sent chills up my spine every time. when the lava would run down the volcano, it was in technicolor orange/red. i remember feeling so privileged to have the whole experience. somewhere over dinner i said to my little brother - and to think republicans say that studying volcanoes is a waste of money! (this was obviously connected to bobby jindal's remarks)

2 comments:

CëRïSë said...

Ha! Your comment to your brother made me snort.

Leah said...

We're so proud of Bobby Jindal. And David Vitter.

Not!

--an embarrassed Louisiana resident.