Wednesday, August 13, 2008

more family drama

Here's another recent family-related dream. This has happened several times before, and it's a pretty transparent case of transferring resentment from one person to another (or several). I dreamed that I was living with my parents, sister, and maybe some other assorted family members. Sort of a big extended-family commune. I realized that I was responsible for every single domestic task: cleaning, cooking, washing dishes. Then I counted up how many people I was doing this for, and thought about how they were seemingly not responsible for any tasks at all. I brought this up and they seemed surprised that I was upset about the inequity. Indeed, they seemed not to have noticed that one person was singlehandedly producing their meals and cleaning up after them.

Hmmm.

No comments: