Monday, January 28, 2008

At peace

I dreamed that I was attending some kind of feminist consciousness-raising, Nurturing the Female event. I was supposed to be participating in painting my own personal Vision of the Female on the inside of this Nurturing Igloo. That was part of the event...painting our internal vision of the female. I decided that I'd just wait and help them varnish the inside of the igloo after everyone else was finished painting.

Afterward, my boyfriend and I were standing around with a lot of people. I think that we had just seen some kind of performance. I became aware that almost everyone present had two partners/lovers, one male and one female. I had just had time to register this fact when the woman who had been in charge of the event came to talk to me. She said that she had noticed that I appeared to be "completely at peace" with my boyfriend. I had been afraid she would be angry at me for not painting the igloo. I was so happy that someone else had seen how good I feel with him. I found myself wondering whether I also had a female partner at this event, eventually deciding that I didn't.

3 comments:

CëRïSë said...

I'm pretty sure I couldn't invent dreams as funny as yours!

m said...

i wholeheartedly agree with ceri.

what a fantastically odd and creative dream.

your dreams make me want to hang out inside of your head!

strovska said...

it's still very funny the second time around. very freudian, too, although freud probably wasn't much into feminist consciousness-raising, i guess, was he?

ofwowwwq!