Saturday, December 22, 2007

Mostly blurry

I was at a Christmas party at a friend's house. I didn't really know anyone except her--and then she took off. I decided I was going to leave, but she was gone, so I couldn't thank her on my way out. She pulled back into her garage just as I was leaving.

When I got out to my car, I wasn't sure I should drive, as I felt very sleepy and loopy. I decided that if I took side streets, I should be okay. When I got to my car, it was balancing on just two tires, as the other two had shrunken and warped into misshapen blobs of rubber. I got in and drove anyway, but most of the road was under construction, and bright orange cones lined a single open lane.

As I was driving--very slowly and carefully, given my states of mind and vehicle--I saw a car drive through the construction zone, get hooked on something, and keep driving until the cable that had caught him was strained taught and he couldn't figure out why he wasn't moving. He got out to examine it, but I don't remember what happened.

Later I was in the church where I did most of my growing up. I think my advisor may have been there, but unfortunately, the rest of the dream is a smeary blur.

1 comment:

Lapa said...

festas felizes de Portugal