Saturday, September 29, 2007

Arachnophobia

I really do have a terrible case of Arachnophobia.

I'm deathly afraid of all spiders, even those harmless daddy long leg spiders. I know they aren't going to hurt me, but I just can't help it. As kids, my younger brother had these little turtles as pets. They were like the size of half dollar coins. He would find them daddy long leg spiders as their food. He would let the spiders crawl all over him. He would also torment me like younger brothers are good at chasing me around the yard threatening to put them on me.

The other day, Mike and I were riding in the car with the windows down. I felt something crawling on me and looked down - and screamed - because there was a tiny spider crawling on my leg. Later that day there was a nasty looking spider on the ceiling of the foyer of our apartment building. Then there is also a really mean looking spider that has this huge web in a bush next to our house. Thinking about that spider makes me shudder.

Anyways, I'm quite sure that all of these spider encounters contributed to my dream that same night about these big, wicked, nasty, killer spiders trying to get me. It wasn't at all like that spider movie that came out within the last few years that I refused to watch after seeing previews. Thankfully I can't remember how the dream finished because I'm quite positive that it didn't turn out good for me!


No comments: