Tuesday, May 11, 2010

cameo appearances

I had forgotten until just now, but over the weekend I had a dream that Ewan McGregor was besotted with me [these so-and-so-is-in-love-with-me dreams are embarrassing]. He apparently had a well-documented, rather severe drug problem and was promising me, in the presence of some other people (assistant[s]?) to clean up his act and give up drugs for me. I said something noncommittal about how he needed to get his act together because he wanted to and not for someone else. Then I worried that maybe it came across as unkind, and I was glad that I had been mumbling and he hadn't heard me. So I came up with another, even vaguer and more noncommittal response--"umm...okay".

*********************

Then last night I dreamed that I was reading one of my favorite street fashion blogs. In real life, the guy who runs the blog was married, but now is dating the creator of another fashion blog I enjoy. In real life I was a little bit disturbed by this, even though they both seem like nice people as far as you can tell from their blogs. In the dream, I considered that he had gone overboard by posting some photos with some accompanying suggestive text*. The text was an allusion to really enjoying a hotel they had stayed at, if you get my drift. I can't remember what the photos were; I don't think they were actually nudes of his girlfriend, but I think they may have featured an unmade bed, or her lounging in a men's pajama top, or something like that. I saddled my high horse to post a reproachful comment about it, but I ended up paring it down to the succinct "poor taste".


*I should make it clear that he has not, to date, posted photos/text like that in real life.

2 comments:

sprinkles said...

Last night I had a dream about Betty White. I don't remember what it was about though but upon waking, I recalled thinking to myself that I needed to blog about it because it was so unrealistic. Wish I would've listened to myself.

Just thought about that after reading about Ewan McGregor.

I'm wondering what fashion blogs you're referring to.

strovska said...

i added some links for the Curious Reader. i was in a hurry yesterday and also thought about not being gossipy, but it's not like it's not common knowledge to anyone who reads either blog.