Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pass The Meatballs Please

I had this dream last week and the funny thing is, I never saw myself in the dream!  Usually I see myself but this time it was like I was there living in the dream.  I don't know how to say what I want to say but hopefully you know what I mean.

I apparently stilled lived with my parents (as I usually do in dreams about them) and had been taking a nap.  My mom knocked on the door and then opened it up to tell me I needed to get up for dinner.  I had the distinct feeling that I'd woken up moments before she knocked on the door so she hadn't exactly woken me but I was still in the process of waking up fully. 

I opened the door and looked around at the wood paneling everywhere.  As I stepped out of the bedroom, I was immediately in the kitchen.  At the kitchen table were my grandpa from my dad's side and my Uncle Danny.  I walked to the table and had to move something out of the way.  It seems instead of a plate at my place setting, there was a small table that you'd use like if you were in bed.  It was lopsided so only half of it was up.  I took it off the table, finished folding it up, put it away and went to the cupboard to get myself a plate and silverware.  I sat down in the chair and noticed we were all eating meatballs.  Nothing else, just meatballs.

That's all that I remember about the dream.  The weird thing is that my grandpa has been dead for 20 or so years.  And I haven't seen my Uncle Danny in probably 30 years or more.  I wouldn't recognize him if I ran into him on the street so I'm not sure how I knew it was him.  I mentioned this dream to my father and he said it was an old memory from when I was little.  Evidently my grandfather and uncle did come to visit us eons ago when I was just a little girl.  I don't remember that.  But I'm certain my mother never fed us just meatballs and nothing else for dinner.

1 comment:

strovska said...

haha! just meatballs. the part about waking up in your dream is interesting. i think i've only had a waking-up dream a couple of times.