Monday, July 13, 2009

Snippets

I had a lot of very strange dreams last night, many of which I can't remember. Of the ones I can, here are some snippets.

I had a series of dreams (interspersed with waking up and turning over) that involved updates on the legislative session in the state of Texas. I kept dreaming that I was reading/seeing/sensing various movements in the Austin government. I was both bored and confused by this in my sleep.

Then I had a strange and terrible dream that the top layer of skin on my right hand was peeling off, in the manner of post-sunburn peeling. It was really gross and I was afraid my boyfriend would yell at me, that he would think I wasn't taking care of myself. I tried putting lotion on it, but the skin was coming off in one big sheet, so lotion didn't really help.

Then I dreamed that a coworker and I were going to attend a coronation or inauguration. He decided to wear a large silver earring, in the manner of a pirate. I kept my mouth shut, as he obviously thought it was a good fashion choice.

Then I dreamed that I was poking around in a crumbling, falling-down house with passageways and tunnels. In one tunnel, I discovered a large number of new-looking backpacks set out, as though on display. I thought that there were a couple of nice ones that I'd like to go back for. One was a kind of cream color with a retro-style red trim. I was vaguely disappointed when I woke up and realized I couldn't go back for them.

2 comments:

CëRïSë said...

Oooh, I'm sure the skin-peeling fragment means something--doesn't it sound like it must? I'm just not sure what.

strovska said...

yeah, i think it must mean something. what a weird combination of themes.