Thursday, March 5, 2009

Animals

We were in the woods, camping, but for some reason I had my laptop and was using it on sort of a stand attached to a pine tree. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a moose, and we both stood very still, up against the computer, so that it wouldn't notice us. Then an animal came running by, sort of a light grayish brown, very round and furry, with a long tail, and on all four legs. "Was that a bear?" I asked, and he confirmed. Then another one came by, with a little cub! It was adorable, kind of like a teddy bear, and I felt very gratified to have seen a bear in the woods. Things felt vaguely dangerous, but not terribly threatening; the animals were close to us, but didn't seem particularly interested.

We went back into the tent, which was army green. The floor of it had been warmed by a shaft of sunlight coming in.

No comments: