Wednesday, January 14, 2009

sienna the prankster

{Another celebrity snippet, from over Christmas. I swear, the only exposure to celebrities I have is while waiting at the supermarket or (the other day) for my car to be repaired. Really.}

I was staying at my parents' house, and I think there were quite a few other people staying there, including, for no immediately apparent reason, Sienna Miller. I was in the living room and looked out the window to see the whole yard awash in torrents of water. The water was probably only calf-deep but was really roiling. I ran outside to see what was going on, and Sienna Miller was behind the house laughing gleefully. She explained to me that she had set up an elaborate system of pipes and gravity-powered channels so that the yard could be instantaneously and spectacularly flooded when the water was turned on. She was very proud of her handiwork. It turned out that she had a reputation for this sort of thing*, although I guess my parents didn't know it when they accepted her as a houseguest. When the water was turned off, the floodwater magically drained away almost instantly.

*The implication being that it was an indication of a volatile and unstable personality. There was a background idea that she was staying at my parents' house on a sort of mental-break retreat.

No comments: