Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Alice In Wonderland

My friend came to pick me up and I told her I couldn't leave because I could only find one shoe. It was raining outside and I didn't want my feet to get wet. Finally she got frustrated with me and told me we were going to be late so to just bring the shoe with me.

She dropped me off at an old co-worker's house. In real life, this co-worker was someone that I had only worked with for just a couple of weeks and never really got a chance to know very well so I'm not sure why she would invite me to her house. I walked in and noticed that the entire house, floor to ceiling was covered in carpeting. After a quickie tour of her her home, I asked if I could use the bathroom because I still needed to put my shoe on. She told me I could use the one in the attic but I needed to squeeze through this hole to get through to the other side.

I climbed through and found myself in a restaurant. Everyone seemed to think I was their waitress and they were all quite upset with me. Some people were yelling because they hadn't gotten their food, others felt they'd waited too long for their bill, others wanted their drinks, etc. I walked around and found what I thought was the kitchen and found something else instead.

There seemed to be some kind of gathering of people here and I remember in the dream thinking that it was a dance but really, no one was dancing. People were just standing around socializing and having a good time. My mother was there but my father wasn't. I didn't recognize anyone else and my mother didn't seem to notice me there.

Every now and again I would look out the window and I'd see my deceased grandfather. He'd always smile and wave at me. I met him a few times although I never really got to know him growing up. At one point he seemed to be trying to show me something only I never quite caught on to what he was trying to tell me.

I'd like to think my grandfather was telling me he was watching over me and just saying "hi"

No comments: