Wednesday, March 12, 2008

$11,000 bill

Last night I dreamed that the company I work for had informally engaged Karl Rove in some advisory capacity. I was at a coworker's house with a few other coworkers, and everyone was in a tizzy because Karl was apparently about to drop by. It was his birthday, and our boss thought that we should give him a birthday gift. I don't know who had gotten the card, but I was charged with putting card and gift together and getting everyone's signature on the card. Another coworker was supposed to get the gift, which turned out to be 3 $20 bills, a Wal-Mart gift card, and...an $11,000 bill! The $11,000 bill was very, very pretty, and we were all admiring it, having never had occasion to handle one before (or indeed, even be aware that such a thing existed). It was mostly a traditional green and white, but with really pretty metallic bronze accents (and maybe a touch of purple?). Needless to say, I thought that it was an excessive birthday gift, but no one dared express that.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

http://idreamofbarack.blogspot.com/

http://idreamofhillary.blogspot.com/

Have you heard of these?

strovska said...

oh! no, i hadn't, but i'm sure they'll make for highly amusing reading.

here's a tidbit: i told one of my coworkers about the karl rove dream, and she didn't even know who he was! i think she recognized the picture once i showed her, though.

Leah said...

Wow, Karl Rove. I doubt I've even thought about him once in the last few months.

CëRïSë said...

In case anyone is wondering, I'd really like an $11,000 bill for my birthday. It's in August.